Living in New York I'm surrounded by fashionable people everyday, especially during the fall when all anyone talks about is NYFW. Each year, to keep up with the rest, I gather a wish list of my must haves to get me through the season. This year is seems to be a collection of classics. I don't know what's in the air but I'm loving dots, stripes and black & white with pops of red.
Unlike many of my peers I'm actually happy that New York Fashion Week has ended. Unfortunately, being in the visual industry I don't get to reap the benefits of the fashion world like others do. Fashion week to me means several weeks of major installations and stress both before and during. Not only do I have to ensure my floors are looking gorgeous for the crowds of fashionistas entering the store, but I also have to work on my Holiday Loft during the time. It's tiresome and I spend the entire week in less than chic outfits and unpainted nails because for the most part I'm doing manual labor.
There are benefits to working so closely to the fashion world however. I get to see and hear about the latest trends and looks that are walking down the runways. I also manage to get just as excited about shopping as the rest of them. With that said, there are few things that I'm surely going to spend a little $$$ on this season, as well as other pieces that I will make the quick trip to Forever 21 for. To keep things short and sweet, below are the pieces that I'm putting on my wish list for this fall. And yes, in my opinion, they're very New York.
- "Leather" Moto Leggings - Zara $49.90
- A pop of red, ballet flats - Dolce Vita, Amazon from $23.50
- A chic satchel - Madewell $268
- Fit and flare dress - Nordstrom, Felicity & Coco $88
- A smoking blazer - Helmut Lang $595
- City chic moto booties - Sigerson Morrison $595
- Camo skinny jeans - Madewell - $135
- An overcoat with an oversized lapel - Zara $159
- A polka dot blouse - Anthropologie $88
As always, thanks for reading.